Category Archives: Electricians
BAS is becoming a standard inclusion of just about any building, but commercial buildings continue to possess the latest and most-advanced forms of these management systems. If you are honestly debating the need to spend on installing a BAS for your company, why not read some of the many advantages they boast? Read on below!
- Cuts down utility costs – a good building automation system can easily cut down anywhere from five to thirty percent of a company’s utility expenses. The savings are largely related to air conditioning and lighting, two of the systems that usually are the most inappropriately used. By ensuring that only the necessary rooms and areas have lighting or air conditioning, a good BAS is capable of maximizing the energy efficiency of a building and thereby reducing the expenses on utilities (and in turn, cutting down overhead costs for more competitive services or products).
- Lesser environmental impact – there are specialized BAS that are involved exclusively in improving the energy efficiency of a building and thereby reducing the carbon footprint of the company. Known as the Energy Management Systems (EMS), this subtype of BAS especially focuses on reducing energy usage efficiently. A reduction in the use of fossil-fuel powered electricity, as well as smart technologies that optimize the use of green technologies can easily reduce the environmental impact the company makes.
- Better security – a BAS is also involved in maintaining and improving the security systems of a company. The BAS can easily link up with security solutions such as CCTV cameras, intercoms, lock systems, etc. to ensure that certain areas of the company can be accessed only by the higher-ranked employees, and also to fully lock down the company after closing hours. Furthermore, this is not only limited to security in terms of theft and burglary, but it also extends to security from fire hazards and the like. For example, a BAS that keeps control of refrigeration systems will make use of one the many different types of refrigerant leak detectors for sale to ensure that the refrigeration system is not leaking and is fully functional.
- Easier maintenance processes – a BAS can easily link up every device and system of a company and thereby allow access to each system from a single convenient place. This is not limited to just a single building, but to many buildings, even if they may be at a distance from each other. And the average BAS is capable of keeping track of the health of every individual device in these buildings. What this basically means is that there is no need to perform frequent maintenance checks on each device and sector of the building, and in instances where any issues or problems arise, it is easier to pinpoint the exact device and location experiencing issues. For more information, please log on to https://www.automatedcontrols.com.au/belimo.html.
Fires erupting in building are actually not that uncommon, even with all the modern technological advancements that our community has benefitted from in the past few years. The reason for this is that fires are actually quite easy to start, and once they get going, they can be very difficult to control and bring down. The fact that we use a lot of inflammable materials in our day to day life doesn’t help matters since they are likely to make even a small fire spread out very quickly in a short period of time.The main cause of most domestic and industrial fires is negligence and faulty equipment, especially electrical cabling Sydney. The thing about most fires is that they can actually be avoided altogether if people were more careful about what they do and how they do it. Even if a fire erupts somehow, you should also know that there are a few useful things to help you reduce the damage to a minimum. The following list should help you a great deal in making sure that you are prepared to face such an accident in your own household in the best possible way:
- Install Smoke Alarms – These devices are very useful in detecting a possible source of a fire before it gets out of control. Try to install a few smoke alarms in key areas that your family members frequent, such as the living room, all of the bedrooms and the entrance. While smoke detectors are pretty reliable if left by themselves, there have been some instances of them not triggering correctly in past incidents. To avoid such issues, make sure to periodically test all of your detectors to see if any one of them is faulty and in need of being replaced.
- Don’t Leave Your Stove Unattended – Many household (if not most) household fires are caused by something going wrong in the kitchen. This is mainly caused by leaving anything on the stove unattended for more than a couple of minutes. The main culprits seem to be deep fryers, mostly because they are operated at very high temperatures.
- Inspect Your Electrical Systems – Faulty switches, wires and many other electrical equipment not working in the correct manner can also cause large fires. Additionally, this kind of failure can be hard to detect at first, which is why fires erupting in such fashion are unpredictable and difficult to handle. The best course of action you can take is to call an electrician to conduct a full inspection of your home’s electrical systems at least once a year. Remember, electricians aren’t just there for simple repairs and power pole replacement jobs: they can give you advice on whether you need to upgrade your home’s wiring to something newer and safer.
- Have an Emergency Plan – This is something you need to discuss with your family members. Your plan should include all the details on what to do in case a fire ever breaks out, such as different ways to quickly exit your home, turn off the main electrical supply and gas lines, etc. You could also practice a fire drill like the ones carried out at your workplace.